Welcome back! Here are the highlights from the GSE Student Newsletter sent on January 25, 2017.
Non-Credit Course Offering: Faith in Music: From the Blues to Beyonce
Dates: March 13-May 19, 2017
Offered by : Tom Beaudoin, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Religion
This is a free online course which will explore spiritual significance of popular music through a theological study of eight influential artists: Robert Johnson, Rosetta Tarpe, Elvis Presley, George Harrison, Carlos Santana, Lauryn Hill, Bjork, and Beyonce.
Summer Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins CTY
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is offering opportunities for educators in their summer programs.
The following positions are being offered:
- Office Manager
- Resident Assistant
GSE Newsroom Call for Guest Posts
The newly launched GSE Newsroom is looking to feature more student ideas, stories, thoughts, opinions, etc.
Features may include:
- Insights from your research
- Reactions to current events (as they relate to your field)
- Reflections on your fieldwork experiences, coursework, presentations/conferences, etc.
- Slideshares/Embeddable Presentations (include 80-100 word description of the presentation with one or two key insights or action items)
Guidelines for submission:
- Always include your name, academic program, and graduation year (if applicable)
- Try to keep the length less than 550 words
- Always include a photo of yourself, preferably something high-quality (at least 400px wide, crisp/not blurry, avoid overexposure).
- This may include excerpts from other published articles, but no reprints.
- Pieces may be edited.
- Include any external links to quotes, events, organizations, etc. that you mention
Please send your pieces to Kelly Milnes, GSE director of marketing and communications.
Deadline for continuing students to renew GSE School Based Aid (GA/Scholarships) for AY 2017-2018: FEBRUARY 1, 2017.
Students who are interested in applying for GSE Aid MUST complete applications via the portal page under the GSE “Student Tab.” The GSE Financial Aid links can be found under “My Accounts.”
Reminder: Students who wish to be considered for GSE Scholarship must also file a 2017-2018 FAFSA in order to determine eligibility. Click here to file FAFSA.
The Federal School ID is: 002722.
Sunday, February 5, 2017
- Deadline for Online Application for May 2017 Graduation
Wednesday, February 1st, 2017
- Deadline for Scholarship and Graduate Assistant Applications for 2017-2018