This year, AERA Division K (Teaching and Teacher Education) will award ten $300 travel scholarships to early career scholars and advanced doctoral students in financial need who will be presenting a paper at the 2016 AERA Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, in April. Given the Affirmative Action Committee’s call to promote diversity and equity, special consideration will be given to requests from scholars of color and international scholars.
Travel award requests should include the following information:
1. Name, title, and institutional affiliation.
2. Contact information, including mailing address, phone number and email address.
3. An abbreviated CV.
4. Copy of AERA acceptance note for paper proposal.
5. Title of your paper presentation and a short abstract of your paper. Send the completed paper just before or immediately after the conference to: email@example.com.
6. A brief description of your need for travel assistance.
If you wish to be considered for one of these travel awards, please send the materials requested to Marcelle Haddix, Division K Affirmative Action Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials should be submitted as one PDF document. Deadline for submission: February 15 at 5:00PM EST. The Division K Sub-Committee for Travel Awards will review proposals and notify applicants by March 1st.
Graduate Student Seminars
There are 2 opportunities through Division K for graduate student seminars with deadlines quickly approaching. Information is located here.