2015 Graduate Student Cohort Program
The American Educational Research Association (AERA) Graduate Student Cohort Program presents opportunities for students pursuing their doctoral degrees to increase their engagement in the education research community. Graduate students are a vital part of AERA, representing over 25% of the total membership of more than 25,000. Institutions that participate in the Cohort Program collaborate with AERA to contribute to the regular student dues amount of $55, giving students the chance to join with reduced dues, become more involved in AERA and the education research community, and take advantage of a wide array of member benefits.
Benefits for AERA Graduate Student Cohort members:
- Receive reduced member dues of $20 (compared to $55).
- Join now for 2015 and receive complimentary membership for the remainder of 2014.
- Get free membership in an AERA Division.
- Join Special Interest Groups (SIGs); the $7 SIG administration fee is waived for Cohorts.
- Receive complimentary subscriptions to Educational Researcher (ER) and one additional AERA journal of choice.
- Subscribe to additional AERA journals at the special student rate of $10, and additional Division memberships for just $5.
- Take advantage of valuable networking opportunities through SIGs, Divisions, and the AERA Graduate Student community.
- Receive the AERA Graduate Student Newsletter, Connections, published three times a year.
- Attend special Graduate Students events at AERA meetings
How the program works:
The program is open to all first and second year doctoral students who are joining AERA for the first time. (The program is not available for renewing members.) Student Member dues are normally $55. AERA and your school will each donate a portion of your dues, bringing your dues amount to just $20.
How to Join
To participate in the AERA Cohort Program please log in at www.aera.net/cohort2015. Enter this special code when prompted: 2015cohort Please use a credit card to pay your portion of the dues.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact the AERA Membership Team at 202-238-3200 or email@example.com.